Membership Support Assistant
The Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba (also referred to as ARNM) is the professional voice of nurses in Manitoba. We support nurses to be empowered health leaders across settings to advance nursing and advocate for the public they serve.
Working with ARNM staff, the Membership Support Assistant will support the daily operations of ARNM, serving as a contact for members, handling administrative processes, and offering support during the membership renewal period. The incumbent is a self-starter who enjoys working virtually with people, takes initiative, finds solutions, demonstrates independent judgment, and is willing to ‘own’ the job.
This position is a temporary, full-time position from September 7 to December 9, 2022.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Membership Support Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations during ARNM’s annual membership drive.
This position will report to the Executive Director.
Provide administrative and membership support to ensure that operations are maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner.
- Assist members via telephone, email, and online chat
- Discuss the benefits of Association membership to applicants
- Process payments using the online Moneris terminal
- Data entry in the iMIS database
- Process member profile changes (ex. last names, addresses, etc.)
- Reset disabled/locked user accounts and reset passwords
- Send email confirmation of new membership/renewals to members
- Send Perkopolis (Nurse perks) links and codes to members
- Maintain confidential records and files
- Provide Zoom webinar support for professional development events
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Completion of an Administrative Assistant program at the High School or College level. A combination of other relevant education and experiences may also be considered.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Customer service experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident with technology including Microsoft Office 365, virtual/remote meeting technology (Zoom, Teams)
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Decision-making skills
- Strong ability to exercise initiative, innovate, find solutions, and problem-solve
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, work closely with a small team and contribute as needed
- Experience in healthcare is an asset
- 100% remote work (access to reliable high-speed internet is required)
- 35-hour work week
- Some flexibility in scheduling hours between 8:30 am and 9 pm Monday - Friday
- Some weekend work may be required
- Member of a 4-person team
The salary range for the position is $20.00 - $21.77/hour based on a 35-hour week and will be paid bi-weekly, subject to provincial and federal taxes. Approved overtime will be compensated at time and a half.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Joyce Kristjansson at email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on August 7, 2022.
We thank all who apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.